Lemongrass is a very popular herb that is known to reduce fever and relief stomach cramps. It also has good effects on digestion and easing arthritis pains. Apart from being a plant that has lots of benefits to our health, lemongrass also has a very good mild lemon taste. We can grow our own lemongrass plant in our garden so we can make our very own healthy lemongrass tea.
Most people actually prefer teas from other hot drinks. It is a more presentable and elegant way to warm our guests at home if we serve them tea. A healthy lemongrass tea served with attractive tea cups will be such a delightful thing to serve to our families and friends as they visit our home. We can also drink this daily for our own and serve as a healing tea for any illness we have. It is very easy to make lemongrass tea. Just by following the instructions below, we can make a homemade and healthy lemongrass tea.
Making Lemongrass Tea
For this, we will need:
- Lemongrass plant
- Boiling water
- Tea cup
- Sweetener and milk if desired
- Put the gloves on so you can protect your hands from the leaves of the plant. Lemon grass can cut your skin if you pull it from its parent plant. Use a sharp knife to make to cutting easier. Be careful with the knife as well.
- Peel the outer layers of the lemongrass leaves. These are the dark green leaves surrounding the stalk inside. They will give our tea a strangely bitter taste if your used them.
- Gather the remaining lemongrass plant after you removed the outer leaves. Slice them into several pieces, about 3 inches long for each.
- Put the leaves into your tea pot and then pour in the hot water. Let that sit for about 5 minutes. Stir in the hot tea using a spoon.
- Use a trainer when straining the tea into the tea cups.
- Add in sugar or milk as desired.
- It is best to always have your own lemongrass in the garden. That way, you can just make lemongrass tea anytime you like.
- Lemongrass tea bags are also available if you don’t have the plant at home. You can brew this and serve it for your family and guests.
- If you have left over lemongrass, don’t throw them away. You can keep them and use them for marinating meat. It adds flavor to the food.
Lemongrass has so many uses. It also makes a very ideal tea for those who are recovering from fever and other health problems. So if you are planning to serve an afternoon tea party for your friends and family, choose lemongrass tea. It has a mild lemon taste that is good for the afternoon refreshments.