Spearmint tea is a very refreshing beverage that we can serve either hot or cold. It is a very aromatic drink that we can give to our guests as they visit our home. This is safer to drink than coffee because it is free from caffeine. There are also health benefits that we can get from spearmint tea. It can help soothe our stomach after lunch. Apart from those, it is also very easy to make. You can enjoy your spearmint tea in just a few minutes.
Teas are always being served to guests and it is more preferred than other beverages. For many years, teas has used in many cultures. All over Europe and Asian countries drink teas every morning. It is a healthier hot drink than those caffeinated ones. A spearmint tea is one of the delicious drinks we can serve for our guests. Learn how to make this tea in just a few easy steps.
Spearmint Tea Making
For this tea, you will need the following:
- One bunch of spearmint leaves
- 4 cups of water
- Large saucepan
- Medium saucepan
- White or brown sugar, sugar substitute or honey
- Sweet cream or milk
- Pour in about 4 cups of water into a large pot.
- Bring out the spearmint leaves and rinse them properly using cold water. After washing, place the spearmint leaves into the pot of water.
- Slowly warm the spearmint leaves in low heat. Don’t boil the tea. Only heat the leaves until the flavor gets into the water.
- You will notice if the flavor has already mixed into the water as you smell the aroma o spearmint. Once you reached that point, you can turn off your stove.
- Get the medium saucepan in the sink. Place the colander over the pan and strain the spearmint leaves into it. Discard the leaves after straining the spearmint tea.
- Cool the tea for about 2 minutes before serving it with the tea cups.
- You can add in sugar, honey or milk into the tea if you like.
You can serve this refreshing spearmint tea during the afternoon. It is a good drink to have if your friends or relatives visit in your home. You can gather together in your terrace and share stories with them while sipping a refreshing spearmint tea.
If you don’t have the natural spearmint leaves, you can get spearmint tea bags instead. They can be purchased from local herbal stores or even the grocery. It is best to stock in several tea bags of the spearmint at home so you can just make one if you like to have tea. Planting your own spearmint plant in your garden is the easiest way. Your spearmint tea will be all fresh and clean as you make it.