People have been drinking tea for more than 5000 years. There are countries that drink more tea rather than coffee or any other hot drinks. In some cultures, drinking tea is a form of art. Colorful and attractive tea pots and cups have become very popular in tea parties. There are also different types of teas being served by hosts and hostesses. It only shows that drinking tea is highly respected and formal.
If you happen to bring guests in your home, it is better to serve tea for your refreshments. Serve them with a delicious tea that you can make in just a few simple steps. For sure, your guests will be delighted after your home tea party.
Steps in Making a Delicious Tea
- Begin with cold and fresh water. A good tea starts with good water.
- Boil the water if you use herb and black teas. If you use green teas, you can heat the water just to the boiling point. That is the best way of heating different types of teas.
- Pour in the water over the loose tea in your tea pot. Put 1 tbsp full of loose tea for every 6 oz cup of tea. Add another 1 tbsp full of the loose tea “for the pot”. Place the tea pot’s lid on.
- Steep or brew your prepared tea. The black or green tea needs to be brewed in about 5 minutes. The herbal teas, brew for 4 to 6 minutes. Wellness teas like ginko, chamomile or mint, brew in for 6 minutes.
- After your teas are ready, pour them into your mugs or cups. The loose tea will settle at the bottom of the teapot on its own.
- If you happen to use teabags, use one for every 6 oz. cup of tea. Add another teabag into the pot.
- You can also brew a teabag. Get a hot water in a cup and then cover it using a small saucer. Wait for a few minutes for it to brew.
You can serve this delicious tea with homemade biscuits. If you happen to have formal occasions or special guests at home, teas are more preferred than coffee or hot chocolate. For many years, teas have been used in serving with special occasions and guests. It is a more preferred way in welcoming guests.
The western countries, European and also most of the Asian countries use tea in their every day dealings with people and their guests. It is best served during cold weathers. Afternoon tea parties are perfect in weekend get together with your friends and relatives.
Make sure you always have a stock of tea at home. Add in the attractively designed tea pots and tea cups for a more elegant tea home party.