Drinking and serving iced tea has been a summer time tradition for so many generations. Part of this tradition is the use of powdered sugar used to sweeten the iced tea. However, parts of the sugar is not often dissolved leaving a mountain of it at the bottom of the pitcher. This is why we thought of using sugar syrup for the iced tea instead of powdered sugar. We found out that the results are very satisfying and it made the iced tea a lot sweeter without leaving any sugar not dissolved.
During the summer season or any hot weather, we like to have sweet cold drinks. If you happen to have guests at home, you want to serve them the best and delicious drink that will make them delighted. Iced tea is the perfect drink for that type of weather. Using syrup sugar into it instead of the powdered one will even make the iced tea more delicious and perfect. We can make our own sugar syrup sweetened iced tea at home in just a few steps.
How to Sweeten Iced Tea with Sugar Syrup
For this drink recipe, we will need:
- Iced tea
- Small pan
- Wooden spoon
- Get 2 cups of water and bring them into a boil. Use a small pan to boil the water on the stove top.
- Add in 1 cup of sugar into the boiling water.
- Stir the water and sugar on the pan using a wooden spoon. Continue stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Set aside the dissolved sugar in a cool to room temperature area. Allow the syrup to set and become thick.
- Add the sugar syrup into your iced tea. You can add more if you like depending on your taste.
- If you have any leftover sugar syrup, you can store them inside the refrigerator and use them again as you make more iced tea. Store them in a glass jar or bottle before putting them in the fridge.
- Use about 1 part of sugar to 2 parts water. That is the basic ratio in making sugar syrup for iced teas.
- You can also add flavor to the sugar using min leaves, cinnamon sticks, lemon slices and other spices of your choice. Just add the flavorings if the water is boiling.
- You can use the sugar syrup in other drinks such as coffee or cocktails.
- If ever you’re hurrying and cannot wait for the sugar syrup to cool down, you can add in some ice cubes into the hot sugar syrup to make it cool faster.
This sugar syrup is a lot better to use than the powdered ones. It will bring in the flavor of the iced tea to make it more delicious.