During the summer when kids visit our homes, we need to give them refreshment that they love. Ice pops are one of the best ones to give them. What would make it more delightful is if we use iced tea flavor for it. Iced tea pops are very easy to make and sure the kids will enjoy.
Iced tea is the perfect refreshment for the summer and hot weather seasons. For adults, plain iced tea drink is enough. However for the kids, it might be a bit boring for them to drink the iced tea just like that. How about making the whole iced tea more interesting by molding them into popsicles? For sure the kids will have fun in having their afternoon refreshment.
Making Iced Tea Pops
For this recipe, we will need:
- Popsicle molds
- Water sugar
- Boil in 7 bags of tea in a pot of boiling water. Wait for the water to boil first before you add the tea bags or else the taste will not be strong.
- Take the tea bags out after they have been steeped in the pot. Discard them.
- Add in 1 ½ to 2 cups of sugar into the pitcher. You may want to use honey as well depending on what you like.
- Pour the tea into your prepared pitcher with sugar.
- Fill the pitcher with water until it is full. Carefully stir the tea until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Pour in the tea into the Popsicle molds that you prepared. After that, place them inside the freezer and wait until they become solid frozen. This will take about 2 whole hours.
- Take the Popsicles out of the molds and enjoy!
Iced tea pops can be served to kids and even adults. You can also add some flavorings if you want, like lemon or other citrus fruits. It will add more flavors to the iced tea pop.
You can use any types and flavors of tea and mold them up in the freezer. If you don’t have Popsicle molds, you can just use plastic cups and then add the Popsicle sticks in the middle. This will make a good iced tea pop as well.
It is best to serve this in the summer afternoons while the kids rest after playing outside. For sure, they want a fun and refreshing snack in the hot summer afternoons. You can also serve in some sweet candies or donuts together with the ice pops. Make sure to serve in drinking iced tea as well.