Iced tea is a perfect drink for a hot day. During the summer, sipping a glass of iced tea is the great way to spend the weekend. Apart from being a refreshing drink, it is also good for the health. The iced tea contains vitamins and antioxidants. If we use pomegranate into the iced tea, it will be even more delicious. You can help enhance your well being while you enjoy a delicious sweet drink.
Pomegranate is a very healthy fruit. It is actually being used to heal different illnesses. It gives a lot of health benefits to those who eat it. It is a wonderful fruit to add into our iced tea drinks. No better way of drinking a refreshing iced tea together with all the healthy goodness we can get from it.
How to Make Pomegranate Iced Tea
For this drink recipe, we will need:
- Tea kettle
- Teapot or heatproof container
- Tea bags
- Pomegranate juice
- Boil about 9 cups of water in a tea kettle.
- Add in 8 black tea bags for every 8 cups of boiling water. Let the hot tea steep for a while after boiling. This will take about 10 minutes. Use a heatproof or a tea pot in steeping the tea. Mix the remaining 1 cup of water with a cup of sugar. Stir the sugar in the hot water until it dissolves. This will create sugar syrup. Set the sugar syrup for a while, and let your guests add them into their drinks according to their taste of choice.
- Take the tea bags from the tea pot and then add about ¼ cups of sugar into it. Stir in the dissolved sugar. Place the heatproof container or the teapot inside the fridge for about 3 hours until it is really cold.
- Mix in 2 cups of pomegranate juice into the cooled tea. Add in ice into the container to make the drink even cooler.
- You can garnish your pomegranate iced tea with the lemon wedges or lime together with the ice.
- If you don’t like pomegranate, you can also add in other fruit flavors like cranberry and blueberry. These fruits also bring in vitamins and antioxidant compounds into the drink.
Serve this delicious pomegranate iced tea to your guests together with any refreshment snacks. This can be served in any occasions with any type of meal.