The Xi Hu Long Jing green tea is one of China’s finest teas. It contains a chestnut flavor and aroma. We can brew this green tea drink in a few simple steps. For us to have a perfect cup of this famous Chinese tea, the proper steps need to be followed carefully. This will make us enjoy the tea more.
Most of the Asian countries love to drink tea. It is already a part of their culture. For many years, green tea has been very popular in bringing an aromatic flavor as well as giving out lots of health benefits to its drinkers. It is said to help cure health problems like heart ailments, rheumatism, cancer and many more. That is why it is recommended that we drink green tea daily.
The Xi Hu Long Jing green tea, which is a popular drink in China, is very easy to make. If you want to taste a cup of this famous Asian drink, there are just a few steps that you need to follow.
Steps in Brewing Xi Hu Long Jing Green Tea
For this drink recipe, we will need:
- Xi Hu Long Jing green tea leaves
- Tea ball
- Porcelain or glass tea pot
- Porcelain or glass tea cups
- Buy XI Hu Long Jing green tea leaves. You can get this from the nearest Chinese store from your area. There are different grades of this tea. The grade A good even if used four times. Grade AAA requires longer brewing time. If you like to have a light tasting tea, the AAA is best for you. There is also the Jing Pin grade which has a light and fruity aftertaste. Choose from either of those three.
- Wash and rinse a glass or porcelain tea pot. Use hot water for it. Also rinse your tea cups using hot water. Set them aside to dry.
- Add in 2 to 3 ½ tsps of tea leaves for each cup of water you used in the tea pot. Use the tea ball to hold the tea leaves.
- Pour in hot water into your tea pot. Wait for the tea leaves to steep for about 1 minute. Pour the tea into your tea cups. Brew the same leaves into the other pot of tea. Increase the water temperature and the brewing time slightly longer.
- The Xi Hu Long Jing green tea leaves will have its freshness longer if you store it into an airtight container and keep it inside the freezer.
- This green tea drink has so many health benefits to our body. It can also strengthen out immune system and prevent cavity.
You can try this popular Chinese drink to keep your system a lot healthier while enjoying its delicious taste.