Green tea is such a delightful drink. Most people drink it daily. It would be even more exciting if we try to add more spice to it. We have a recipe on how to add spice into green tea drinks. For sure it will make the tea more delicious and enjoyable. You can do this in just a few simple steps.
If you drink green tea a lot, adding a bit spice into it will not make you dislike the taste. Actually, as we all know that green tea already has a delicate flavor, it will sure be well in spice blend. Cinnamon and ginger are reminiscent during the holiday baking. The orange peel and citrus on the other hand adds more flavor into the blend.
We can prepare the spiced green tea using hot water together with a mixture of milk and honey. Adding allspice into the blend if you like will make a chai.
For this recipe, we will need:
- 1 cup green tea leaves
- 1 tbsp. chopped and dried orange peel
- 1 tbsp. chopped and dried ginger root
- 1 tsp. crushed cinnamon bark
- 1 tsp. whole allspice berries (only if making chai)
- Cinnamon stick or cinnamon sugar blend (optional garnish)
- Airtight container
- Mix in all of the said ingredients into an airtight container. Shake it well to distribute.
- Let the blend stand for several hours before using it. It will make the flavors distribute well together.
- When you’re making tea, pour in 1 cup of hot water and add 1 tsp of the blend. Let that stand for about 10 minutes before you train the leaves out. Garnish it with a cinnamon stick if you like to add extra flavor into the tea.
- If you like to make the chau, you need to add the allspice. Just pour in ½ cup of hot water together with 1 tsp of the blend. Let it stand for about 1o minutes. Remove the tea leaves using a trainer, and then add 1 tsp of honey into it. You can also add in ½ cup of milk. Garnish that with a stick of cinnamon or cinnamon sugar.
- If you want your spiced green tea to be spicier, you just add more of the spices.
- You can experiment on the taste of the tea according to what you like. Nutmeg, lemon peel or allspice can be used
This spiced green tea will sure be enjoyed by your guests and older family members. For sure, they like to have spicier flavor in their drinking teas. You can serve this hot or cold according to what you like. It can go with any refreshments as well like biscuits and doughnuts.